History
 The prime minister had issued a resolution No 1142 on November 25, 1976 about establishing the Faculty of Engineering within faculties of Tanta University. In 1990, Kafrelsheikh governorate offered a suggestion for opening Faculty of Engineering on the land of governorate The study has begun on Saturday on October 27, 1990 and the faculty accepted 70 students via their transferring from the faculties of Engineering in other universities