Prizes and Competitions
The management announces about the prizes and competitions that the university received from the Arab and English institutions and includes the following:
1) Mubarak Prizes:
They are three prizes in science in the fields of basic, agricultural, medical and engineering science and two prizes in the advanced technological science that serves the fields of previous science.
They are ten prizes: five prizes in the fields of basic, agriculture and medical fields and five in the advanced technological science that serves the previous science.
The applicant who wants to get Mubarak prizes and awards should be from the research universities, centers, institutions and organizations or the specialist scientific associations.
3) The state prize for excellence:
They are seven prizes in basic science, agricultural science, medical science and engineering science and three prizes in advanced technological science.
4) University Encouragement Prizes:
They are granted in the fields of science and advance technological science in the following branches: mathematics, Physics, Geology, Biology, Agriculture, Medicine and Engineering.
The individuals have the right to apply for getting the prizes for excellence and encouragement prizes as the last day for presenting application or applying for prizes of research and technology academy is on 31 December every year.
The scientific production presented should contain the following terms
1) The scientific production of research or works should be published or executed before through the last five years and this production should have a scientific value that proves the authenticity and the ability to innovate. Besides, the applied work should have excellent feasibility and they should present what proves that it is published.
2) He/she should present the best production of research containing the following
The research’s name, the magazine’s name, the first date for publication, the participants in researches
3) For the researches that are presented in conferenced, they should issue a book for conference containing all researches through the specified period in the first item. One should bring it or a copy of cover and contents.
4) He/she should not present his production before for getting the same prize or encouragement prize except if it does not include new add.
5) The production should not include any research through which he/she got degree (Master’s degree or PHD) or any another prize.
1) The biography.
2) A copy of published researches for the candidate or the books “the special scientific production”.
3) The approval of department and faculty councils for nominations.
4) A letter from the faculty containing the justifications of nomination.
5) The management will collect the nominations and make a handout to be presented over the vice president for post graduation studies and research to be presented over post graduation council to get approval.
6) A handout will be made to be presented over the president to be presented over the university council.
· The management will respond to the delegation institution and notify the faculty about what has done.
5) Prizes from public institutions (local and international):
The management will notify the faculties about them to collect the nominations to make a handout so as to be presented over the vice president for post graduation studies and the president. Then, the management will respond to the delegation institution and notify the faculty about what has done.
6) International Faisal Prize:
It is granted to whom present an excellent service for Islam, Muslims and scientists (researchers) who achieve benefits for human being in their specialisms.
1) The management will receive the handouts from UNIESCO institution special for announcing about (training courses, scientific prizes, conferences, scholarships and competitions).
2) They notify the faculties about these activities to collect to be presented over the vice president for post graduation studies and notify UNESCO about what has done.